Thursday, June 20, 2013

Just Keep Training, Training, Training (in the Rain!)


BAM - Training Day 1 left my bum sore.

Doing 1-Minute Bikini-Booty Challenge (Split Lunge Jumps) the first day of training gave me a positive boost mentally; it's something I definitely needed to jump start BAM (running Berlin/Amsterdam/MysteryMarathon 2013).

Although I am very glad to have incorporated it in my work-out, I realised I have to skip a run because of it today.

1-Minute Bikini-Booty Challenge: Split Lunge Jumps




Not going to feel bad about skipping a run (I have between 3-4 runs every week for this new training plan).

After all I have not run for a week (rest from the Luxembourg half-marathon), and have not done any proper work-out as well during this time.  One easy day before running a  slow longer distance or a quick short run is always a good compromise.

The new warm-up work-out yesterday was a breath of fresh air for my mind. But I think I need to go back to my old warm-up video (I've been using it for a year) to build up again slowly on my strength and condition.


Snow, rain or sunshine, I have to bike as part of our daily life. Today was the same: 15 kilometers under the "Dutch tropical rain". 
Frodo my trusted companion :)
Saying: Boooyaaah, it's raining! And not: BAaaah! :D
Smiling in the rain because I tell myself: my bum might be too sore to run but never too sore to bike, and it let me keep that condition level stable and not deteriorate. And yeah, I have to underline this: I feel awesome that I no longer have panic attacks biking in the rain - boooyaaah! :D Biking is a tremendous help to me when I can't run for one reason or another. Hope, hope, hope I will have time to get lots of draft posts published about my biking @Lightness of Being on the Bike during the Summer school break. What a joy it would be to inspire others, who are afraid of learning how to bike, or know how to but because it can be stressful (riding in traffic, or covering a certain distance) give it up completely.
Travelling through the different seasons is something I enjoy writing
@ My Daily Mooosings in the Netherlands
My training thoughts for this day: with everything you want, love to do, and be good at, you  have to keep doing it and never give up.  Eventually everything becomes natural, like a fish swimming in water! :)
I love, love, love the film Nemo - it gives a very inspiring message, that when the going gets tough, you just have to keep going (or swimming :D)!

1 comment:

  1. Your post reminds me that I need to do strength exercises and work my bum too.

    ReplyDelete

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!