Sunday, June 23, 2013

Bling It On!


“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
Calvin Coolidge

Created this personal inspirational poster to get my sagging spirit going - I want to share here every Sunday blings I've earned through almost 2 years of running: how, when and in what event.

I've learned that no matter how silly it feels in the instance we are capturing a "normal" activity, I am always grateful in hindsight to record this kind of special simple moments that I can look back, weeks, months and years later!  They mostly motivating when days seems to be uninspiring.


Finally ran a long distance again!

Tonight, J accompanied me on my first long run since the half-marathon at the ING europe-marathon Luxembourg two weeks ago. We ran together the first 2 kilometers, went back home to get J's bike and continued the rest of the run with her biking along side me.

I've been having a hard time motivating myself to run alone since I ran my third marathon in Marathon de Paris.

Luckily, I do have motivated running companions/partners but it will still take a while for them to accompany me completely. Meanwhile we do what we can!

Even though P, J and I planned the last quarter of the year 2012 to run together (even registered in advance for various races for this Spring) it never materialised due to different private reasons, I've already shared in my past blogs.

We have not given up on our plans of running together though! Neither do P and J plan on ending this year without their first 5K in their pockets.


BAM (Be Always -in- Motion!)!

An inspiring quote I found today:

I didnt pay attention to times or distance, instead focusing on how it felt
just to be in motion,
knowing it wasn't about the finish line
but how I got there that mattered.
Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever


No comments:

Post a Comment

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!