Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Destination: Berlin

Course Map from the site of  BMW Berlin Marathon
Liefste P & I were talking this morning about booking a hotel if possible near the starting point of Berlin Marathon, this coming September.  It's one of the important parts of the marathon preparation, when you are running abroad.

In the Summer of  2009, we stayed in Best Western Grand City Hotel Berlin-Mitte, and had a tremendous time.


If I am not mistaken, I found out about the hotel through booking.com, and I might start looking toward this  direction again.


We are all excited!

Definitely in the next few weeks, you will read updates about our search to find the ideal Berlin domicile for my family and  me for the Berlin Marathon weekend.

Stay tuned!

Have you been to Berlin before as a travelling runner or a tourist?  Would you prefer to stay in a hotel near the starting line, or you would not mind travelling by public transportation from where you are staying?

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't able to visit Berlin when I was in Germany years ago. I prioritized the Oktoberfest. Haha! Hope we hit Europe again someday soon :) And maybe stumble upon you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to an Oktoberfest in Bavaria but the variation of it in North Germany, which I feel is lacking in true Oktoberfest spirit. :D

    You have to visit Berlin!!! It's the pulsating heart of Germany as a united nation. :)

    ReplyDelete

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!