Thursday, July 20, 2017

Celebrating 172!

This post was originally published 
on the Facebook Page 
of Happy Feet in the Netherlands.

07.07.13

This image was shared for the first time in this Running Fish with a Right Brain




#TBT Story. 

“People of our time are losing the power of celebration. Instead of celebrating we seek to be amused or entertained. Celebration is an active state, an act of expressing reverence or appreciation. To be entertained is a passive state--it is to receive pleasure afforded by an amusing act or a spectacle.... Celebration is a confrontation, giving attention to the transcendent meaning of one's actions."
Abraham Joshua Heschel

On the 17th of July, 2017, I published my 172nd blogpost, here in Happy Feet in the Netherlands: SimpliFLY Summer.

The blog has been created January, 2012; this was 6 months after I began my adventure with running.

First blogpost was published 15th of January - it was entitled: Starting Line 

So today, 20th of July, 2017, I would like to start a daily TBT to celebrate a documented running life, and countdown as well my upcoming 6th RUNniversary (8th of August!).

Yes, it is 19 days of looking back, on how I focused on moving forward with the help of running and blogging.

If you are a long time follower of my blogging (since 2006!), let me know what Happy Feet in the Netherlands' blogpost(s), particularly left an impression on you. I would be delighted to hear from all of you!

Today's tbt post, is written last October, 2014: Turning My Kryptonite To My Super Powers

The blogpost was originally an entry to a contest to win a TCS Amsterdam Marathon starting number. SPOILER ALERT: I won! There was a plot twist, though. Read (again) to find out! 

The photo is a TBT as well. It was taken on the 7th of July, 2013. It was the month I got my Morton's Neuroma (injury). This was why I ran for the first time on the beach. I wanted so badly to continue training and running barefoot was the only way I could continue running.  

What I LOVE about blogging is I am reminded of things I could not believe I did! Here, I was off to run what in the end will be 16 km of barefoot running on the sand. Phew! I forgot the distance I ran! 
 

What I will always remember, thought was how much fun I had and how I forgot about stressing over the goals, that was slipping slowly away from me.




20th of July, 2017
09:58 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!