Monday, October 5, 2015

Happy Feet NL's Half-Marathon Running Part 1 (Images and Statistics)

“You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” ― Tom Hiddleston

In celebration of a rewarding culmination of 12 weeks work (documented on my Instagram account under the hashtag: #bringitonbreda_hfnl 2015) , and 2 years perseverance, I am creating a 3 part series blog posts.

This is for the statistics lovers among my running friends. :)

The stories will follow in Part 2 (when, why I began running half-marathons, and how I choose which half-marathon event to run), and Part 3 will be a recap of 3 consecutive years of running Breda Singelloop.

This is the first event I ran after I received orthotics for my Morton's Neuroma, and the first of many events here in the Netherlands, which I ran with MeeusRunClub.

If you can't wait to read Part 2, you could check the blog archives for blog posts about each event you would like to know about.  Just type in the keyword (for example: half marathon, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Morton's Neuroma etc) in the search box on the upper right side of the site.

2013
January

(1) 2:52:18



February

(2) DNF
starting number 8208*
Important* because I am not on the finisher's list and I can always look up my "finish line" photos here, using my starting number.
(edit 02. February, 2016)



March

(3) 2:30:57



AFTER PARIS (April 2013) MARATHON / 
BEFORE MY INJURY (Morton's Neuroma) 
June

(4) 2:43:04

June



Dead last (my first in a half-marathon) 

(5) 2:35:51


July: (felt foot pain during a 15 km training)
August: (diagnosed with Morton's Neuroma)
September: Orthotics 


 3 MONTHS AFTER MY INJURY /A MONTH AFTER WEARING ORTHOTICS
I personally reset my PR'S TO "0" 
FOR ALL DISTANCES
This was a way for me not to lose motivation with the process and small or lack of progress.

October

(6) 2:53:21
first race with orthotics

2014

March


(7) 2:46:11


May
(8) 2:44:41


2015

March
(9) 2:44:40


 PR!!!!!!!!!
October, 2015 - 2 years after my injury!


 just right after the finish line

The picture above was taken by Pieter after I finished my half-marathon in Breda Singelloop, just before I was about to go to the direction of where I was going to get my finisher's medal.

I did not expect him to be in the runner's area - the reason for my flabbergasted look :D . A kind volunteer/member of the organization, let P in after he said he was there, supporting his wife.

One of the seldom times I hold my medal wrong while doing an after run selfie.

I was too tired that I was doing things automatically - take as many pics and look later! hahaha


(10) 2:35:01 official time
2:34:58 from my Nikeplus Sportswatch
 picture courtesy of
 MeeusRunClub 
taken by Wietse Visser Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!