Friday, September 13, 2013

Courage to Start

Flashback Friday
Marathons from 2012-2013
clockwise from the top : ING Night Marathon ran June 2013, invited to run 2014 Edition
right: Berlin Marathon & Amsterdam Marathon September & October 2012
left: Paris Marathon April 2013
“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face….
You must do the thing you think you cannot do.”
Eleanor Roosevelt

While I summon the courage to start running again, I baby step my way to fulfilling a  long dormant dream of a blogazine ~ Paper In Europe: La Vie Magazine ~ Vivre sa Vie.

Most of the goals I've set in life, I've visualised in the process of falling asleep.  It was an easy task to do when I was a little girl. Well, I did not even consider it a task! For me visualising before sleeping is the most beautiful dreaming in the conscious state.

As I grew older, and responsibilities grew, visualising became challenging.This is the reason I was grateful to have found 365 projects which I featured at My Daily Mooosings in the Netherlands. Photography gave me an opportunity to capture the essence of happiness in the simple daily moments.

This in turn provided my visual nature to have photographs as aid when I felt hopeless, and forget that dreams do come true: if you can dream it, you can achieve it!

image source: Simon University @ Pinterest
Helen Keller quote

After running 2 years, finish line photos & photos of my race medals became concrete reminders for me that I do have it in me to fulfill what I set out to do even with a lot of obstacles thrown my way.

image source: Simon University @ Pinterest

This weekend, I will be at a starting line of a special run, a run for myself.

1 comment:

  1. Running builds character and crossing the finish line is like shooting hoops, every time you make it. Your confidence grows and the next one is easier.

    ReplyDelete

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!