Wednesday, February 3, 2016

What's Up Wednesday in February: Focus



“Very occasionally, if you pay really close attention, life doesn't suck.” 


A photo collage I created yesterday from pictures from a short brisk walk.
Story, here.

Introducing WUWHFNL*


Hello, February!

Welcome readers to what I hope will be a weekly feature of this blog, introducing: What's Up Wednesday Happy Feet NL*.

It will be blogs, which talks about random subjects.

These are topics, which I would like to keep out from my usual blogposts because they can be distracting from the topic at hand.

Most of the time including them keeps me from focusing on the subject matter and finishing the post, when I insert them in between a recap of a race, or a training week/month.

They are subjects on their own will not fill out a blogpost.

Mostly they are even a group of disconnected thoughts; sometimes after writing them together, these thoughts do become cohesive. Or mostly they stay disconnected

Sometimes, people like me simply have too many thoughts.  Sometimes people like me need to write them all down to make sense of all these myriad thoughts, sift through them and clearly recognize what we all know all along but just need to put words to, and feel a sense of peace and sometimes affirmation.

The main purpose of having this kind of regular post in an exercise on focus.  It is all about the baby steps in disciplining myself to focus.

The goal to sharpen my ability to focus is one of the many reasons I am running and  this is why I also go back to blogging again and again.

FOCUS


There are many ways to achieve goals. There are many ways to accomplish what you would like to
achieve in life. In my age, I learned without focus you will never be where you would like to be and end up going in circles.

I'll be 44 when Spring 2016 begins to blossom.

44.

I don't feel this age.  I feel as if I am just at the beginning of life -  not feeling young, nor is there a longing to be young again but I feel like someone standing at a new starting line of life.  A beginner of life already equipped with some wisdom.

There are many times in life, I feel I still have so much to learn, and too little time to do so.

HAPPY


At this moment, my focus is to be healthy and fit again.

I am happy that I am well again, and no longer very illl. I recently recovered from the second bout of flu virus.

When I am ill, I get depressed. Not sad depressed. It is more of a paralyzing kind of depression.

It is why it is for me  not only a physical challenge, when I am ill but a mental challenge as well.

The focus to get better (rest and not stress) is distracted by anxiety.

If you are ill you need rest, and logic follows you have to lie down in bed to rest even during the day and not only when you need your sleep in the evening. I dislike lying in bed sick during the day because it reminds me so much of months of not getting out of bed.

I am working on the negative thought patterns over resting in bed when sick for 3 years now.

I am happy to say, I am almost there in acquiring all possible healthy coping mechanism and a much stronger outlook on certain situations that used to be sources of anxiety for me.

This kind of cycles is one of the reasons I created the #13HappyHalves (running 13 half-marathons in 2016) project.


PROJECT


Projects help me focus, and when I can completely focus, I am happy.

Different kinds of projects gives me structure and source of positive energy.

If you check Happy Feet in the Netherlands on Facebook and @happyfeetnl on Instagram, you will get a sneak peek of projects I am involved in or trying to get off the ground. Projects, which I will write eventually write at length here.

Currently it is all about the 13 half-marathons. Did you read my recap of Egmond Half Marathon? It is the first of 13 half-marathons and I am VERY proud, that I was able to run this year AND blog about it in the same month. :D #epicforme

So, there you go! The first WUWHFNL!

What's up with you, today? :) xo
Blogger´s Note:
I wrote this on a Tuesday; I begun at 10:27 am and with many interruptions finally finished at 11:12 pm. I am still contemplating what time of the day to share this weekly series on my social media accounts.  I am recording all details of my blogging to help me monitor my progress in my endeavours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!