Thursday, August 1, 2013

Goodbye July, Hello August!

Keep Calm Because August is Here
from Keep Calm-O-matic
“Do the things that interest you and do them with all your heart. Don't be concerned about whether people are watching you or criticizing you. The chances are that they aren't paying any attention to you. It's your attention to yourself that is so stultifying. But you have to disregard yourself as completely as possible. If you fail the first time then you'll just have to try harder the second time. After all, there's no real reason why you should fail. Just stop thinking about yourself.”
Eleanor Roosevelt, You Learn by Living: Eleven Keys for a More Fulfilling Life

Time and time again, I start a 365 project, or a month long project (blogging, photography, etc).

Image from
My Daily Mooosings in the Netherlands
The thought behind this passion & fascination for 365 lies in my intention of fully acquiring the positive habit of always being in the present moment.

Dwelling in the past, experience has shown only wastes precious time, and robs one of the strength for the present.  The same goes for worrying about the future.

Even if not all my attempts to complete a 365 or a 30 day project has been successful, I always come out of each endeavour with precious wisdom or a new (positive) perspective about life.

As well as a huge collection of blogs and images!  They all have helped motivate in days or moments I desperately needed it.  It is also heartwarming to know that others were helped by them as well.

This post is not about announcing another 365 project or a month long blogging.

This post is about acknowledging that after 7 years since I discovered the philosophy of 365 projects - being present, mindful! - I live it.

8th of August 2011 -
the day I walked 8K to kick-off my training to run my first 8K
.
The beginning of My Running Story. :)
Writing/blogging led me to this path of "enlightment", & running reminds me each and every time to stay on this path.

With these thoughts, I welcome August with all of you!

Countdown: 7 Days to my 2nd RUNniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I can run, so can you: big dreams are reached with baby steps!